Domestic Abuse Intervention Programs
National Training Project Coordinator
|REPORTS TO: Executive Director||TEAM: National Training Project|
|DATE: 9/16/15||STATUS: Exempt|
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The National Training Project (NTP) Coordinator leads all aspects of the National Training Project program work to fulfill the part of our mission "we partner with communities worldwide to inspire the social and political will to eliminate violence against women and their families."
1. Manage the NTP program
- Generate revenue from trainings and educational materials sales in order to support NTP and DAIP as a whole.
- Coordinate annual development and accomplishment of team goals and objectives.
- Work with the Executive Director and Finance Director to develop and maintain annual NTP budget.
- Work with Executive Director and Board to oversee agency policy development, organization growth, and financial stability.
- Keep team members advised of all administrative decisions and solicit their input on suggested policy changes.
- Participate in Team Leader Meetings to represent program and staff concerns.
- Coordinate regular NTP team meetings regarding planning, problem solving, marketing, and decision making.
- Approve team time sheets and payment of invoices insuring compliance with budget and fiscal policies.
- Coordinate and maintain NTP database, including the creation of reports and queries.
2. Oversee Duluth, national and international trainings
- Develop annual training calendar.
- Work with staff members and trainers to update and develop trainings and to write training modules, agendas, handouts and evaluations that meet the needs of participants.
- Oversee coordination of trainings sponsored by outside agencies and development of strategies and relationships that generate training sales.
- Oversee coordination of Duluth trainings including hotel contracting.
- Oversee marketing and advertising campaigns to increase number of training participants.
3. Develop educational materials and trainings
- Work with staff to plan development of resource materials that both create greater access for domestic violence practitioners as well as produce revenue.
- Develop production schedule and plans for development of educational materials.
- Work with writers of materials to maintain schedule and develop content.
- Work with graphic designers, translators, video producers and printers to produce materials, overseeing all communication and production decisions and issues.
- Develop sales and marketing strategies and content for material sales.
- Negotiate contracts with other agencies regarding licensing of materials or partnerships around Duluth Model materials and trainings.
- Develop and maintain standards of the Duluth Model educational philosophy and pedagogy and organization branding.
4. Oversee national outreach to the national network of Duluth Model domestic violence practitioners
- Create educational and learning resources based on practitioner needs.
- Build national constituency of domestic violence practitioners using the Duluth Model.
- Develop website, webinars, online community and online learning opportunities that reach out to practitioners.
- Manage all aspects of the online store and website; coordinate website development and updates.
5. Oversee NTP trainers
- Oversee staff and contract trainers, trainer recruiting, trainer development, contracting and supervision.
- Oversee training outreach and communications staff, team hiring, development, and supervision.
- Oversee NTP volunteers.
- Freirian educational pedagogy experience/skills/training
- Administrative, management, and supervisory skills/experience
- Ability to oversee many details simultaneously and accurately
- Good communication and writing skills
- Must be self directed and motivated; ability to work independently
- Ability to make decisions independently and with a team
- Experience in budget development
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Project management skills
- Strong computer skills
- Experience working with people of various cultural backgrounds
- Marketing/customer service/sales experience
Priority given to applicants with:
- National experience working in the violence against women field
- Experience implementing "the Duluth Model" in a local community
- Training certification from "Duluth Model" trainings
Full time, generally regular business hours, occasional evenings and early mornings. Salaried position. EEO employer. People from all backgrounds encouraged to apply.
|Send resume and cover letter by September 25, 2015 to:||Melissa Scaia
Domestic Abuse Intervention Programs
202 E. Superior St.
Duluth, MN 55802