THE DULUTH FAMILY VISITATION CENTER
Program of Domestic Abuse Intervention Programs (DAIP)
Visitation Specialist-Job Description
|REPORTS TO: DFVC Program Coordinator||TEAM: Duluth Family Visitation Center|
|STATUS: Full Time||START DATE: Open until filled|
|Weekdays, evenings, Sundays|
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence and related issues
- General office and computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to ending violence against women and to the principles of native sovereignty
- Knowledge of the developmental effects of domestic violence on children
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and negotiation
- Experience working with diverse racial, economic and social backgrounds
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Self-directed, motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Must be reliable and flexible
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work as a team member.
Visitation Center Program Duties:
- Schedule and conduct orientations as needed.
- Provide information to the courts, attorneys, guardians ad litem, social workers and other professionals as needed and requested.
- Attend OFP court when needed and meet with families about the visitation center. Work closely with other legal advocates at OFP court.
- Attend other court proceedings as needed (subpoenas).
- Provide referrals and follow up for child and adult victims.
- Provide assistance to families transitioning from using the center to off site visits or exchanges
Visitation Center Direct Service Responsibilities: Monitoring Visits
- Provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and clean environment for children and their parents.
- Uphold the Office on Violence Against Women’s Guiding Principles.
- Monitor on site visits and exchanges.
- Assist in operating the center; set out appropriate games and toys, check daily schedule for families, check messages.
- Obtain updated information on participating families as needed.
- Greet both parents and children upon arrival to the center. Introduce self and others when needed. Assist parents when needed.
- Enter new or pending families into database.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation in visit results and phone threads.
- Assist in closing the center by completing necessary paper work, required cleaning, and lock up procedures.
- Address and resolve conflicts that may arise in the center.
- Assume mandatory reporting duties.
- Communicate with project coordinator and VC team about visitation activities and /or concerns.
- Maintain center policies and procedures.
- Attend team meetings and required trainings.
- Work toward team goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Sheryl Boman, DFVC Program Coordinator
Domestic Abuse Intervention Programs
202 East Superior Street
Duluth, Minnesota 55802
Or email to: email@example.com