THE DULUTH FAMILY VISITATION CENTER
Program of Domestic Abuse Intervention Programs (DAIP)
Visitation Specialist-Job Description
REPORTS TO: DFVC Program Coordinator TEAM: Duluth Family Visitation Center
PAY SCALE: $12.00/hour
STATUS: Part time-14 hours per week START DATE: As soon as possible
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence and related issues
- General office and computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to ending violence against women and to the principles of native sovereignty
- Knowledge of the developmental effects of domestic violence on children
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and negotiation
- Experience working with diverse racial, economic and social backgrounds
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Self-directed, motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Must be reliable and flexible
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Visitation Center Direct Service Responsibilities: Monitoring Visits
- Provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and clean environment for children and their parents.
- Monitor on site visits and exchanges.
- Assist in operating the center; set out appropriate games and toys, check daily schedule for families, check messages.
- Obtain updated information on participating families as needed.
- Greet both parents and children upon arrival to the center. Introduce self and others when needed. Assist parents when needed.
- Enter new or pending families into database.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation in visit results and phone threads.
- Assist in closing the center by completing necessary paper work, required cleaning, and lock up procedures.
- Address and resolve conflicts that may arise in the center.
- Assume mandatory reporting duties.
- Communicate with project coordinator and VC team about visitation activities and /or concerns.
- Maintain center policies and procedures.
- Attend team meetings and required trainings.
- Work toward team goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold the Office on Violence Against Women’s Guiding Principles.
Send cover letter and resume by Thursday, May 28, 2015
Sheryl Boman, DFVC Program Coordinator
Domestic Abuse Intervention Programs
202 East Superior Street
Duluth, Minnesota 55802
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org