Online vs In-Person Training
This three-day CPC training was converted to a "zoom" format in early 2020. Before then, most participants would travel to Duluth, MN, maybe rent a car and spend at least 3 nights in a hotel. There are pros/cons to In-person of training.
For an in-person training:
- Pro: building bonds with people from around the world with similar interests
- Pro: one-on-one time with the trainer(s)
- Pro: Duluth is a nice place to be in the summer
- Con: the days before and after training are "travel days"
- Con: it's at least $1000 for travel and hotel fees
- Con: Duluth isn't a place most want to visit in the winter (November - March)
And you can pretty much flip-flop the pros/cons for an online/virtual training.
For the foreseeable future, we don't plan to hold any in-person trainings.