|REPORTS TO:||Executive Director||TEAM:||Duluth Family Visitation Center|
|Pay Scale:||$17/hour-$20/hour||STATUS:||FT, 32 hours/week|
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The Duluth Family Visitation Center (DFVC), a program of Domestic Abuse Intervention Programs (DAIP), provides a safe and comfortable place for parents and children experiencing domestic violence to continue building positive relationships. We are looking for someone who is experienced working with children, able to deal with people in crisis and have experience working with domestic violence victims, offenders or both. This agency as a whole works toward eliminating violence in the lives of women and their children and is committed to eliminating oppression of all kinds. We are looking for employees who are also committed to this goal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate short and long term planning that involves working with our referring agencies to continue to build on the success of the DFVC program. It also involves developing and executing yearly budgets in partnership with Executive Director.
- Responsible for keeping the VC team members advised of all administrative decisions and conveying their input on agency goals and objectives.
- In cooperation with DFVC staff and Executive Director, develop priorities for fundraising efforts.
- Actively seek funding opportunities for the DFVC and, in consultation with the Executive Director, develop proposals to secure funding for the program.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Board to oversee the policy development, organizational growth, and financial stability of the DFVC/DAIP.
- Attend Board Meetings.
- Maintain positive relationships with funding agencies and punctually submit all required program reports to funders.
- Document when any program participant records are leaving DAIP premises and notify the Executive Director.
- Approve time sheets and expenditures for disbursements from team budgets.
- Handle personnel matters concerning program staff according to agency policies, including staff development, annual evaluations, updating job descriptions, conflict resolution, and designated disciplinary actions.
- Work closely and cooperatively with the DFVC staff with scheduling and all other center business.
- Provide information to DAIP Administration to create a monthly invoice for St. Louis County Child Protection.
- Work with the DFVC staff to ensure that victim safety is paramount as families utilize the center.
- Continue to deepen understanding of domestic violence by attending trainings put on by DAIP, other DV agencies and listening to survivors of domestic violence about their experience.
- Adapt the program to the continually changing needs of those we serve.
- Supervise staff and in consultation with the Executive Director, initiate/implement changes regarding program direction, job descriptions and funding allocations.
- Enter final edits to visitation logs before submitted to families for court hearings, and visitation summaries to St. Louis County Child Protection.
- Participate in monthly parenting center meetings with Violence Free Minnesota and St. Louis County Child Protection.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence and related issues and commitment to ending violence against women.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development and the effects of domestic violence on children.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
- Leadership ability and willingness to work with a team approach.
- Experience working with diverse racial, economic and social backgrounds.
- Experience in supervising personnel, management, and program development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-directed and motivated and able to work independently.
- General office and computer skills.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled.