The most-widely used curriculum for working with men who batter describes how to facilitate a men’s nonviolence program.
THE CURRICULUM INCLUDES
Manual del Facilitador
This Spanish-language facilitator’s manual describes the theory underlying the curriculum, the key components of a Duluth Model Men’s Nonviolence Program and its relationship to the justice system and programs for women who have been battered. Also included are how to facilitate the curriculum, lesson plans for up to thirty weeks of classes, exercises for use in class, and sample forms. In addition is culture-specific information for working with Latinos or Latin American immigrants.
Poder y Control: Tácticas de Hombres Que Maltratan DVDs (Set of 2)
These DVDs include short vignettes depicting tactics used by abusers against their partners. The vignettes correspond to the themes in the curriculum. Fourteen vignettes are in Spanish, 15 in English. Each of the vignettes features Latino actors and culturally relevant themes for a Latino audience.
Poder y Control: La Visión de la Mujer DVD
Six formerly battered Latina women describe how each of the tactics on the Power and Control Wheel was used against them and discuss the impact of the abuse on their children, their relationships, and themselves. The DVD is in Spanish and edited into separate segments for each theme.
Facilitating a Men’s Nonviolence Class DVDs (Set of 4, English only)
These edited DVDs of a men’s nonviolence class in Duluth is used for training facilitators on the use of the Control Log, Equality Log and role-plays, primary teaching tools in the curriculum.
Power and Control and Equality Wheel Posters
22″ x 20″ posters of the Power and Control Wheel and Equality Wheel in Spanish.
- Reorganized Manual and Themes
- Dialogue Starters for Facilitators
- A New Tool—The Equality Log
- More Flexibility for Facilitators in Leading the Themes
- Help for Taking an Active Role in Your CCR
For more details about the changes, click here (English brochure).
For more details about the changes, click here (Spanish brochure).
To purchase the curriculum, you must meet the following requirements:
- Including your training certificate in your mail order.
- Faxing your training certificate to 218-722-0779
- Emailing your training certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling us at 1-866-417-6111, option 1, to see if your training is recorded in our training database.
- Including a photocopy of the Table of Contents or a DVD cover from a previous edition of the curriculum that you own in your mail order.
- Faxing a photocopy of the Table of Contents or a DVD cover from a previous edition of the curriculum that you own to 218-722-0779
- Emailing a photocopy of the Table of Contents or a DVD cover from a previous edition of the curriculum that you own to email@example.com
- Calling us at 1-866-417-6111, option 1, to see if your curriculum purchase is recorded in our training database.
Full curriculum package $595
Facilitator’s manual $125
DVD Set (6 DVDs) $275
Poder y Control: Tácticas de Hombres que Maltratan DVDs $125
Poder y Control: La Visión de la Mujer DVD $60
Facilitating a Men’s Nonviolence Class DVDs $95
In addition, we offer bulk discounts for purchases of 5 or more complete curricula.
Contact us for pricing.